OTHER WAYS OF VOLUNTEERING
Though fostering is our number one need when it comes to volunteers, there are many other ways that you can help!!!!
Transport volunteers are a huge help to our program and there are various transport opportunities:
- Transporting dogs from shelters in Middle Tn, Alabama, and Kentucky, to our vet clinic in Franklin upon intake.
- Transporting dogs from their foster homes to their meeting location (most NE drop offs are in Nashville) for New England transport. Sometimes, if there is just one dog leaving on transport we will pick up at the foster home, but other times we meet at Animalia or another convenient spot in Franklin. Often we need volunteers just to get the fosters from their home to this meeting spot and someone else will make the trip to Nashville.
- Transporting supplies to fosters. Oftentimes we need volunteers to deliver food, medication, or other supplies to fosters. Generally pick up of these supplies is from Animalia. This is often a great opportunity for people who want to volunteer and work in Franklin, but live in an outlying area where the fosters live.
- Transporting dogs to and from the vet for clinic visits. Though it is most helpful when fosters can do their own vet visits, sometimes it just isn’t feasible. Again, this is a good opportunity for those who want to volunteer and work in Franklin, but live outside the area where other fosters may reside, making it an easy pick up and drop off.
Donating to our Amazon Wish List
Don’t forget when you order to order through AMAZON SMILE and the rescue receives a percentage that donates back to us!! Win win!!
We update our Amazon Wish List every couple weeks, and everyone knows that there are always items needed in rescue and Items that we regularly need that are easy to include in your wish list purchase:
- Wee Pads
- Paper Towels
- Lysol With Bleach Spray Cleaner
- Laundry Detergent
- Lysol Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide
- Garbage Bags
We do not encourage the donation or gathering of food or treats as we are very particular about the food that we feed the dogs in our program and we stick to a strict diet of grain, and gluten, free food with no preservatives, additives, or fillers. We have food on our Amazon wish list to choose from!
GRANT RESEARCH AND WRITING
We are always looking for someone with grant research and writing experience.
THANK YOU LETTERS
It is very important to us that contributors and supporters be reminded of our appreciation with hand made and hand written thank you letters. As our program grows it thankfully becomes and bigger and bigger job. We are happy to provide all supplies and stamps needed.
We regularly need those gifted in the art of sewing for a variety of reasons!!! Whether it be stockings for our Christmas project, dog beds, event needs, etc. If this is your talent, and you are willing to donate your time, we will provide the supplies!!! We are also currently looking for a volunteer with an embroidery machine who is willing to embroider rescue collars and adopt me leash sleeves.
If you are interested in being on our volunteer list please email us. Once added to the list you will receive weekly emails with a list of our foster, transport, and gathering needs.